The Friends of the Medway Dog Park Board is in need of new members. Currently the Board is being run by only two active members; two other members have had to step down for personal reasons.
In order to keep our non-profit status, according to the park by-laws, we must fill the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Civic-minded individuals are needed now to fill the positions of Vice President and Secretary.
Some of the accomplishments of our past Boards are:
- built a shed to store seasonal tools, poop bags, and items for fund raising events
- developed and run the annual King Fido’s Faire fundraiser
- organized spring park clean ups, with fun giveaways to volunteers
- instituted membership cards with discounts at area businesses
- bought a new picnic table, tools, poop picker-uppers, bags, and toys
- designed a new dog park logo, and incorporated it onto merchandise.
(Items are available for purchase through our web site)
- built an informational web site
- compiled a mailing list of members
- sent newsletters to our membership
- recruited a tree service which supplies the park with fresh wood chips (currently someone is needed who would be willing to be the contact for the service)
The continuation of these types of tasks, as well as new ideas that you may bring to our park as well, are not time-intensive, but do mean a great deal to our park friends. A lot has been put in place – now we need new board members to keep the ball rolling. We hope you will consider serving.
If you have any questions about the positions or the tasks they fulfill, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.