The Friends of the Medway Dog Park Board members (President: Judy Moffatt; Vice President: Nancy Murdock; Treasurer: Kim Taverna; and Secretary [not currently filled]) have served for the last five years, and are now stepping down as of November 1st.
In order to keep our non-profit status, the above four positions must be filled, according to the park by-laws.
We are currently looking for civic-minded individuals who would like to be board members. The existing officers will be more than happy to assist the new board in learning the necessary duties and tasks.
Interested parties should email email@example.com with your preferred position by September 15th. An election will be held on October 15th.
We’ve enjoyed serving you and your dogs. During our terms, some of the things we have accomplished are these:
- built a shed to store seasonal tools, poop bags, and items for fund raising events
- developed and run the annual King Fido’s Faire fundraiser for four years
- instituted membership cards with discounts at area businesses
- bought a new picnic table, tools, poop picker-uppers, bags, and toys
- designed a new dog park logo, and incorporated it onto merchandise.
(Items are available for purchase through our web site)
- built an informational web site
- compiled a mailing list of members
- sent newsletters to our membership
- recruited a tree service which supplies the park with fresh wood chips
- recruited a landscaper who limes and trims the park every year
Many of these items will be easy to continue; and we would look forward to new ideas that you may bring to our park as well. A lot has been put in place – now we need a new board to keep the ball rolling. We hope you will consider serving.
If you have any questions about the positions or the tasks they fulfill, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.